Love God. Love People.
We are a Christian church. This means we hold to the orthodox beliefs of Christianity, though as missionaries, we want to communicate those beliefs in a way people can understand them. There is nothing new here. We are trying to be faithful to the work and call of Jesus’ for His church which has been in existence for 2000 years. The truth is true, no matter how old it is!
There are certain beliefs that are non-negotiable:
- The Bible is our authority.
- Jesus, God’s only son, died so that we could be forgiven and live in a loving relationship with God, the Father.
- Jesus was resurrected from the dead, vindicating Him as God incarnate.
- He will return on the day of resurrection, raising those in Him from the dead to be His bride.
- The Holy Spirit is His down payment for our salvation and the One who gives us power to be His witnesses.
- The church is Jesus’ hands and feet in this world. We have been given important work to do. Work that is not only worth dying for, but more over, worth living for. That work is to spread the love of God to anyone who wants it. So we are called to love other people, shown through serving them and our community.
There are perhaps other items of importance, and certainly other items which we could argue about (negotiables), though arguing never has been an effective way to convince anyone of anything. Some things the Bible leaves to us to figure out—“on the job training.”